Wednesday 30 December 2009

Transition

Yes, I have decided to call my magazine Transition and as it is now the Christmas holidays I have been unable to use my desired program of Microsoft Publisher to create my music magazine, so instead I have used Microsoft Word which I can use at home.

I have spent a while creating my front cover, and I will post the first draft below:



After finishing creating I asked for some critical feedback from some of the target audience and they made these points:
  • I don't like the blue on the yellow, it makes it look cheap
  • The grey boxes behind the writing is a little odd
  • include more writing on it
  • play around with more fonts
  • don't leave so much space
  • i like the title its really bold and makes a statement
  • the main feature looks good
  • too much blue - try and include other colours that compliment blue, like a nice green...or different shades of blue
  • really like the front cover
  • Dave's leg looks a bit weird
  • It would sound better as 'Why they split' rather than 'why the split'

So I took their comments into consideration and I will post the updated version soon along with the front cover and double page spread. All of which I intend to get some feedback for by posting the images online and/or asking people and videoing it. Altogether the feedback however, was positive and most people liked it and thought it looked quite professional.

I have been finding it very useful to look at other magazine front covers, as I have gathered a collection of music magazines and using them as a basis for my magazine, obviously adding my magazine's own style. I also feel I have become more confident using Microsoft Word as a program to create a magazine. I am also very pleased with how my images have turned out - although if I had the opportunity after having the first session of editing I would have liked to have taken another set of photos; however this is not possible. But I think the images I have chosen work well and suit the genre of magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment